People choose rehab centers to overcome and heal drug addiction. There are various drug programs used for the treatment of drug addiction. However, the two most common rehab programs are the Non 12 step rehab and the 12-step rehab program.
Remember, just one success doesn’t make a program or a technique a useful or successful one.
Below are a few tips regarding the comparison of both the programs which discuss how the Non-12 step program is better than a 12-step program.
- The 12-step program lays emphasis on the traditional way of doing treatment. The model basically highlights the powerlessness of an addicted individual towards fighting addiction.
- Many studies have revealed that the 12-step program is less effective for women in comparison to men.
- One of the major reasons behind the failure of the 12-step program is that it involves group discussion. A group discussion may not be a good idea for an addict who is shy and hesitant to share his problems in front of a group.
- The treatment procedure of a Non-12 step program involves individualize, one-on-one treatment. Therefore, individual attention is given to each addict, so that he finds moral support.
- The primary focus of the Non-12 step program is given to the person and not the problem he or she is facing. It helps in understanding the mentality of the addicted individual.
All the tips mentioned above will help you understand why a Non-12 step program can be better than a 12-step program in every way.